Thursday, August 11, 2011

Can I get rid of the clicks and pops on my computer's sound?

I have a near brand new hp touchsmart tm2 with windows 7, the sound system which includes the speakers and headphones makes clicks and pops while playing audio, especially the headphones and I have tried several. The program that operates the sound is IDT and I went to their website and read that what causes the pops and clicks are basically power surges. It had a list of preventatives but it all didn't make any sense, I'm pretty sure it said a program can help. Some of the settings in the IDT menu like power options say that while this feature is on you may hear pops and clicks but when i turn it off nothing changes, I have tried every combination of settings. I am not computer illiterate, I do not blare my music, and I have tried reinstalling my drivers. Is there a program (preferably free) that will reduce these annoyances? Help appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment